The Smart Box is designed for year-round use. To keep your Smart Box running efficiently and odor-free, we recommend using these steps to clean the box regularly:
- Unplug the Smart Box.
- Remove all items from the box.
- Wash the interior compartment using a soft cloth dampened with a solution of mild dish soap and warm water.
Avoid using flammable solvents, such as gasoline, benzine, thinner, or abrasive cleaners.
- Using a soft cloth, clean any dust and film from the camera lens.
- Clean the gasket around the lid by wiping it with a soft cloth dampened with a solution of mild dish soap and warm water.
- Using a soft cloth, thoroughly dry the washed surfaces.
- Plug the Smart Box into a GFCI-protected electrical outlet.
- Reset the zone temperatures.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Avoid tipping the Smart Box during cleaning, as tilting the box can damage the cooling unit.
- Never fill the Smart Box with water or use a garden hose. There is no drain plug, and water could enter the compressor compartment, which would affect operation.
- Clear the area immediately surrounding the Smart Box regularly. The air vents must be kept clear of yard debris to function properly.