Your Smart Box is equipped with a battery backup so that it can continue to communicate with your phone as well as WiFi (if available).
In the event of a power outage:
- A notification will be sent to your phone
- If the Smart Box was locked, it will remain locked until it is opened using the mobile app or until the battery dies, disabling the electromagnet
- The climate-controlled features of the Smart Box will be disabled; however, the internal temperature will be maintained for a few hours, as long as the lid is kept closed
What to do next:
- If you are experiencing a sustained power outage, it is important to remove perishable items as soon as possible to prevent spoilage.
- Click here for information on how to troubleshoot Smart Box power issues.