There are a few reasons why your Smart Box might not be able to connect to WiFi:
- The credentials for your WiFi network have changed, or you have set up a new WiFi network
If you have changed your WiFi login credentials or have installed a new network since setting up your Smart Box, you will need to update the WiFi network settings for the Smart Box:
- Launch the HomeValet mobile app
- Tap the profile button in the upper right corner of the Dashboard
- Tap your Smart Box in the ‘My Boxes’ list
- In the ‘Network’ section of your Smart Box’s settings, tap ‘Change WiFi Network’ and follow the flow to connect to your WiFi network
- Your WiFi network or internet service is down
If your WiFi router or internet service is down, your Smart Box will not be able to connect to the HomeValet platform.
Steps on how to troubleshoot WiFi and internet network connection issues can be found here.
- The Smart Box is out of WiFI signal range
If your Smart Box won’t connect to WiFi, the box may be out of signal range.
We recommend testing your WiFi network's signal strength where your Smart Box (or WiFi extender) is located to ensure that it is sufficient for Smart Box usage.
You can find more information on how to test your WiFi network's signal strength here.
If you discover that the signal strength is weak, try moving the Smart Box to a different location with a stronger signal, or use a WiFi extender/booster to increase the range.
The extender should be placed halfway between the WiFi router and the Smart Box.
- Your Smart Box requires a soft reset
Occasionally, your Smart Box may require a soft reset in order to regain its WiFi connection. Instructions on how to complete a soft reset can be found here.
If you continue to have trouble getting your Smart Box to connect with your WiFi network, contact Customer Support.