Like all electronic equipment, there may be times when a reset of your Smart Box will be necessary. HomeValet Smart Boxes can be reset in two different ways, a "soft" reset and a "factory" or "hard" reset.
When someone "soft" resets their Smart Box, the box's software will reboot; however, the box will still maintain all of its previous settings.
Some common scenarios where a soft reset might be required:
- The Smart Box has disconnected from the platform
- Other minor software issues that can be resolved via power cycling
Here is how you perform a soft reset of your Smart Box:
- Open the backup battery compartment using a T20 Torx screwdriver; the compartment is inside of the lid near the camera
- Hold the Smart Box reset button (located inside of the battery compartment) for 3 seconds and release
- Give your box a few seconds to complete the reset, then test the connection by opening the HomeValet app and placing your Smart Box into a cooling mode (a mode that contains a fridge or freezer zone)
- After confirming that the cooling engine came on (you should hear it), place your Smart Box into Energy Saving mode
- Close the battery compartment
Note: Please be careful not to hold the reset button for more than 3 seconds. Holding the button for longer may perform a factory reset.
Factory or Hard Reset
When someone performs a "factory" or "hard" reset of their Smart Box, it will remove all user information and Wi-Fi credentials from the Smart Box.
Some common scenarios where a factory reset might be required:
- You want to give your Smart Box to someone else
- A service technician is replacing a component of your Smart Box
- Previous troubleshooting steps, such as a "soft" reset, have been unsuccessful
Here is how you perform a hard reset of your Smart Box:
- Open the battery compartment on your Smart Box using a T20 Torx screwdriver; the compartment is inside the lid near the camera
- Hold the reset button on your Smart Box (located inside of the battery compartment) for 15-20 seconds, then release
- Give the box a few seconds to complete the reset. You will hear the cooling engine come on for a moment if the reset was successful
- Log into the HomeValet app and add a new box to your account from the profile screen.
- Please ensure you enter your Wi-Fi password correctly
- Once you've added the box to your account, test the connection by opening the HomeValet app, tapping the Smart Box image, and placing your Smart Box into a cooling mode (a mode that contains a fridge or freezer zone)
- After confirming the cooling engine came on (you should hear it), place your Smart Box into Energy Saving mode
Note: Although a factory reset will return your Smart Box to its original state, it will not remove the box from your account on the HomeValet platform.
If you have completed a factory reset and cannot reconnect to the platform, please get in touch with Customer Support for further assistance.
Article is closed for comments.