There are a few reasons that your Smart Box may not be powering on:
- The Smart Box is unplugged
Make sure that your Smart Box is fully plugged into the outlet.
- The fuse on the circuit is blown, or the circuit breaker is tripped
If your Smart Box is plugged in correctly, yet it is still not powering on, there may be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
Check your home’s circuit breaker box and either replace the blown fuse or reset the circuit breaker to resume power to the outlet powering your Smart Box.
- The GFCI outlet is tripped
As a safety precaution, GFCI outlets will trip if they sense that the current has been interrupted. This will cause your Smart Box (and anything else plugged into the outlet) to lose power.
Resetting the GFCI outlet (the reset button is generally located on the front of the outlet) should restore power.
- Your home is experiencing a widespread power outage
In all situations where your Smart Box loses power, the following will occur:
- You will receive a notification via the mobile app
- Your Smart Box’s backup battery will allow you to unlock or lock the Smart Box via the HomeValet mobile app when your smartphone is in range
- The backup battery will not power the cooling or heating elements of your Smart Box, so you will need to wait until power is restored before you can resume receiving deliveries
If you are experiencing an outage that may last longer than four (4) hours, you should remove all perishable items from your Smart Box ASAP to prevent spoilage.